How to Get Your Next Court Date | Zoom Information | Limiting In-Person Contact | Bail Review

How Do I...?

How do I view case files and information?

Official court records held by the Clerk are presumed to be open to any member of the public for inspection or to obtain copies at all times during regular hours of operation at the office having custody of the records to the extent allowed by applicable statute, court rule or court order.

View Details

How do I search for records, and obtain copies and certified documents

Generally, a person seeking this information must come to the courthouse.  If you cannot make your request in person, please print and complete Search or Record Request Form for the appropriate division. 

View Details

How do I make special request for electronic records?

All request for electronic data must be submitted in writing to and approved by the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois.

View Details

How do I obtain an Order of Protection?

The Illinois Domestic Violence Act (IDVA) recognizes domestic violence as a serious crime. It creates a legal remedy for domestic violence victims called an ORDER OF PROTECTION, and requires that law enforcement officers provide specific types of assistance to victims. 

View Details

How do I obtain a passport?

In cooperation with the Federal Government, the Clerk's Office offers passport application services as a part of it's continuing service to the community. The Passport Services office is located in room 1202, Richard J. Daley Center.

View Details

How do I apply for a job?

The application for employment is used to apply for entry level, management, summer seasonal and unpaid intern and volunteer opportunities. In order to apply for a position, please download and complete the application for employment.

View Details